Wednesday 5 September 2012

Tea or coffee? milk? sugar?


Coffee… one of those things you love or hate! I love it!

 My friends say I like it like tar!... eek which is true. I like one and a half good teaspoons worth of coffee, 2/3’s of the cup to be filled with boiling hot water and the rest with hot milk… no sugar…unless I am in need of some energy!

I can drink coffee from the minute I wake up till minutes before I go to bed. Some people cant sleep if the have coffee before bed but not me! Mind you I can sleep any time anywhere.

I used to drink tea or coffee, but not now… I think I like the way you can drink coffee hot or cold and it’s quick and easy to make.

A good friend of mine is the queen of making tea…she lives in a little cottage in the middle of Pembrokeshire and tea at her house is a ritual! The kettle boils while we all relax in to cosy sofas, the hot water is added to the teabags in the teapot…which is then placed on top of fire and left to brew… and brew… while the mugs sit round the fire gently warming ready to be filled with good tea.

The tea is poured and everyone drinks and natters away… but I have fallen out with tea! I know …I love the tea ritual but it’s just not for me…so every time I am the odd one out with coffee!

Yellow fields design.
All designs are copyrighted © Elspeth Morris 2012

Yellow fields design.
All designs are copyrighted © Elspeth Morris 2012


Here are a few fun coffee related posters that would brighten up any kitchen, isn't it funny how we spend hours in our kitchens but they are often the places which we forget about when it comes to art? Do you have art in your kitchen?

This is very true in my books! from Allposters.com

  Fun idea from Society6.com

Section of a poster from Deborah Velasquez

I have been lucky enough to have gained a large set of orange Le creuset from my Mum.  I love cooking with it and now it has set the colour scheme for any future kitchen so this poster below would fit in perfectly with the amount of coffee in my life and the quirky style of this poster...
Poster from Svpply.com


Look at the fab colour of the Volcano range! from Le creuset.



No comments:

Post a Comment