Wednesday 22 August 2012

Boat names


Teal and I walk round the harbour most nights, now that dogs are not allowed on the beaches… It’s a summer season thing. Most nights I walk round the harbour attached to my phone, catching up with one of the girls or in a daze thinking about life. But today I got drawn in my some of the names on the boats.

Naming boats started donkey's years ago and it is thought that it is because of fear and superstition that people gave their boats different names. Most people now name their boats after something they think will bring them luck?! Here is just a tiny selection that caught my eye...

Rustybucket, you know its a real 'project'.

Love this one, especially with the pembrokeshire puffin.

Guessing its a family member?

This always makes me giggle, especially as you can imagine the tourists trying to say it.

A few more...

Sometimes I do take it for granted where I live, especially as this is just minutes from my family home. ...

But I love the fact that this part of my daily life and this is Teals regular walk. Is it bad that she knows the route off by heart? I think she also loves all the attention she gets of the tourists! As normally some kid will say, 'ahh look at the cute dog'. Straight away here tail starts wagging and she walks along as if to say 'I live here!' hehe



Little miss teal!


No comments:

Post a Comment